Malta's merciless metal riff machine Albert Bell returns with his fourth solo album under the now well-established helm of SACRO SANCTUS. It sees Albert burrowing through the chronicles of the European Middle Ages once more, charting how diverse seminal historical personages secured victory against seemingly insurmountable odds with the assistance of the mythical Sword of Fierbois. Joined again by Steve Lombardo on drums, Albert handles vocals, bass and guitar duties, creating a 66-minute soundscape that sups voraciously from a searing old school metal brew with strong nods to VENOM, MOTORHEAD, CELTIC FROST, BATHORY, BLACK SABBATH, PAGAN ALTAR and other old metal heroes. Moreover, this time Albert is joined by 24 guests including Jeff "Mantas" Dunn (Venom Inc.), Alan Jones (Pagan Altar), John Gallo (Orodruin), Francesco Sozzi (Dark Quarterer), Marcus Jidell (Avatarium, The Doomsday Kingdom, Candlemass) and most of his Forsaken and Nomad Son bandmates to create this unbridled and primal heavy metal album of epic proportions that will force naysayers to crouch, cuddle and whimper in a corner. Meanwhile, old-schoolers - fear not! For the Sword is fast at hand!
- 4th blackened heavy/doom metal album of Albert Bell, a veteran of the Maltese metal scene, known as the bassist and main composer for Forsaken and Nomad Son.
- A compelling concept album charting how seminal historical figures (Charlemagne, Charles “The Hammer” Martel and Joan of Arc) secured victory against overwhelming odds with the help of the mythical Sword of Fierbois.
- Liner notes for each song and plenty of additional artwork in the 16-page booklet.
- 24 guests including Jeff "Mantas" Dunn (VENOM Inc.), Alan Jones (PAGAN ALTAR), John Gallo (ORODRUIN), Francesco Sozzi (DARK QUARTERER), Marcus Jidell (AVATARIUM, THE DOOMSDAY KINGDOM, CANDLEMASS) and most of Albert’s FORSAKEN and NOMAD SON bandmates contributing guitar solos, additional vocals and keyboards.
- Mixed by Grammy Award winner Marcus Jidell (Avatarium, The Doomsday Kingdom, Candlemass, etc.).
- For fans of: Venom, Motorhead, early Celtic Frost, mid-era Bathory, Sabbat (UK), Root, Törr, Zemial, Saint Vitus, Malokarpatan.
Cover art by Jules Eugène Lenepveu (1819-1898).
GENRE: Primeval Blackened Heavy/Doom Metal
RELEASE DATE: September 30th, 2022
FORMAT: CD in jewel case - 11 tracks (approx. 66 min.) - 16-page stapled booklet with lyrics, liner notes, additional artwork, band photos and info.
1. Sword Of Fierbois
2. War, Metal And Leather
3. Rise Of The Scimitar
4. Hail The Hammer
5. Clarions Of War
7. For God, King And Country
8. The Maiden From Lorraine
9. Blood At Orléans
10. Flight Of The Witch
11. Ember Eyes
Total playing time: 66:13
|Band||Albert Bell's Sacro Sanctus|
|Packaging Type / Attributes||Jewel Case|
|Number of Discs||1|
- Stock: In Stock
- Reward Points: 7
- Catalog Number: MOMR22103
- Weight: 0.15kg